This episode features part 2 of Aaron’s conversation with Don Rassler. If you haven’t heard part 1 you can find it here. This two part series is based on Don’s article, “Situating the Emergence of the Islamic State of Khorasan,” in the CTC Sentinel. This episode covers a variety of topics related to the Islamic State in the AfPak region, including:
- Important events since Don’s article came out in March
- The relevance of the Afghan Taliban to younger generations
- How the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan plays into this situation
- Al Qaeda’s relevance to, and role in, the region
- How the presence of the Islamic State could affect the Afghan peace process
This episode also features our #SocialMedia segment, covering postings from July 11th to July 22nd.
- Mr. Don Rassler | Combating Terrorism Center at West Point
- Don Rassler (@DonRassler) | Twitter
- TTP Says That Baghdadi’s Caliphate Is Not Islamic—But Is Anyone Listening? by Dur-e-Aden on Jihadology.net
The podcast is produced by Karl Morand. If you have feedback you can email [email protected] or find us on Twitter: @JihadPod.
You can subscribe to the show in iTunes or with our RSS feed.
Download this episode (35MB mp3)