Andrew Lebovich comes on the show to discuss the various jihadi groups that have been active in Mali over the past few years. Some of the topics covered include:
- The political process in Mali after the French intervention
- Why there has been a rise in violence recently
- Why IS has not been able to penetrate Mali like many of the other jihadi zones
- Where things might be going from here
- Andrew Lebovich | European Council on Foreign Relations
- Andrew Lebovich (@tweetsintheME) | Twitter
- Deciphering Algeria: the stirrings of reform? | European Council on Foreign Relations
- How we talk about Islam in Mali and Beyond | The Wasat
Thanks to Haakon Jahr, TankThoughts, and Raihan Kadir for supporting the show. You can help support the podcast, and get some cool rewards, by checking out the show’s Patreon page.
The podcast is produced by Karl Morand. If you have feedback you can email [email protected], or find us on Twitter: @JihadPod.
You can subscribe to the show in iTunes, Stitcher, or with our RSS feed.
Download this episode (28MB mp3)