Behnam Said comes on the show to talk about nasheeds. Some of the topics covered include:
- The role of music in Islam and how it relates to nasheeds
- A modern history of the use of nasheeds
- Differences between Sufi, mainstream Islamist, and jihadi nasheeds
- Different themes used in these nasheeds
- Why there has been such an explosion in new nasheeds and media outlets from IS and AQAP recently
- Behnam Said – Extremis Project
- Amazon.com author page for Behnam Said
- Hymns (Nasheeds): A Contribution to the Study of the Jihadist Culture – Studies in Conflict & Terrorism
- Behnam Said (@BenSai) | Twitter
Thanks to Haakon Jahr, TankThoughts, and Raihan Kadir for supporting the show. If you’d like to support the podcast please check out the show’s Patreon page!
The podcast is produced by Karl Morand. If you have feedback you can email [email protected], or find us on Twitter: @JihadPod.
You can subscribe to the show in iTunes, Stitcher, or with our RSS feed.
Download this episode (26MB mp3)