UPDATE 4/23 9:21 AM: Here is an Urdu translation of the below message:
Click the following link for a safe PDF copy: Official Announcement of Merger between Ḥizb al-Islām and Ḥarakat al-Shabāb al-Mujāhidīn (Urdu)
UPDATE: Here is an excerpt from the press conference:
We have united with ours brothers, Shabāb, ‘we will continue the war we the government and AMISOM and we will also teach Uganda And Burudi lessons here in Mogadishu and in their country.
NOTE: Below is the official announcement of merger between the two Somali groups Ḥizb al-Islām and Ḥarakat al-Shabāb al-Mujāhidīn. First, is a joint audio message with representatives from the two groups and second, is the official press released published by al-Shabāb’s media wing Al-Katāi’b Media. Since both the audio and press release are in Somali I cannot provide a summary. That said, a member of the Anṣār al-Mujāhidīn English Forum wrote ten items that were highlighted:
1. To build an Islamic Caliphate on the path Of Our Holy Prophet SAW..
2. To continue the jihād path till we erase Shirk from the earth and to bring up the tawḥīd.
3. To Confront the International Crusade War
4. To follow the Law Of Allah on the earth, to make justice between the people and to remove the oppression.
5. To follow the creed of al-Walā’ wa’l-Barā’.
6. To Bring Back the Lost Muslims Lands..
7. To Support the oppressed Muslims and to free the Muslim prisoners
8. To Unite the people under the banner of Tawḥīd
9. To Prepare Islamic Society which loves each other and have good creed and ethics
Also the brother Requested From The Brothers of Anṣār al-Islām and The Islamic State of Iraq to Announce Unity Between Them.
Audio Message from Shaykh ‘Alī Dheere, the spokesman of Ḥarakat al-Shabāb al-Mujāhidīn and a “brother” from Ḥizb al-Islām (message is in Somali):
Press Release (in Somali):