NOTE: The below video was recorded on October 9 and it was Dokku Umarov’s twenty-third decree as the Amir of the Caucasus Emirate. In it, he describes the reorganization of the armed forces structure in Nokhchicho [Chechnya/Ichkeria]. He also eliminated the South-Western Front and Eastern Front and ordered the commanders to renew their bay’at (pledge of allegiance) to him. In addition, he ordered the former Emir of Nokhchicho Province, Ḥusayn Gakayev, who rescinded his bay’at to Umarov, to hand over money and material resources, previously allocated for the Jihād. Lastly, Umarov ordered Muhannad to report within a month to the Sharī’ah court to resolve the issue of him creating fitnah (discord) within the Caucasus Emirate. For more on the recent leadership issues in the Caucasus Emirate see: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here. Here is an English language translation of the below video:
OMRA № 23
“On the reorganization of the Armed Forces of Nokhchicho Province”
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful!
Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds. May peace and blessings be upon the Prophet Muhammad, his family, his companions and all those who followed his path till the Day of Judgment. To proceed:
1. to abolish the South-Western Front and Eastern Front of the Armed Forces of Nokhchicho Province.
2. to attach to the sectors of the abolished fronts a status of military sectors of the Armed Forces of Nokhchicho Province.
3. that former Emir of Nokhchicho Province Hussein Gakayev hands over the funds, previously allocated to him for the Jihad, to emirs of sectors of abolished fronts.
4. to instruct all emirs of the sectors of the abolished fronts update to renew their Bayat to the Emir of Caucasus Emirate.
5. to oblige the former Deputy Military Emir Muhannad to come within a month period to the base of the Caucasus Emirate Emir for a Sharia Court in connection with the fitna organized by him among the Mujahideen.
6. The Omra comes into force on the date of its signing.
Emir of the Caucasus Emirate,
Dokku Abu-Usman (Dokku Umarov)
Dhu al-Qadaa 1, 1431 (October 9, 2010)
Department of Current Information