In light of the recent attacks in Paris, Timothy Holman comes on the show to discuss the history of French and Belgian jihadi networks. Some of the topics covered include:
- How those networks have been repurposed over time depending on changing political contexts and external conflicts
- The legacy of these networks after the Iraq war
- How the latest attacks in Paris fit into a pattern of plots and attacks in France since 2012
- Belgian and French Foreign Fighters in Iraq 2003–2005: A Comparative Case Study – Studies in Conflict & Terrorism – Volume 38, Issue 8
- The French Jihadist ‘Foreign Legion’ in Syria and Iraq – The Jamestown Foundation
- The Swarm: Terrorist Incidents in France – The Jamestown Foundation
- Les Français jihadistes eBook: David Thomson: Amazon.fr: Livres
- Terrorismes, guérillas, stratégie et autres activités humaines
- Timothy Holman (@atgm2010) | Twitter
You can help support the podcast by making a small donation on Patreon! In addition to helping the show, you’ll get access to Patron’s-only bonus content.
The podcast is produced by Karl Morand. If you have feedback you can email [email protected], or find us on Twitter: @JihadPod.
Download this episode (18MB mp3)
You can subscribe to the show in iTunes, Stitcher, or with our RSS feed.