Thomas Joscelyn comes on the show to talk about the so-called “Khurasan group.” Some of the topics covered include:
- Why the group came into being and when its members arrived in Syria
- Who are the key players and what are their backgrounds
- What they’ve been up to in Syria and how they relate to Jabhat al-Nusra
- What this group of individuals can tell us about al-Qaeda’s strategy
- Thomas Joscelyn (@thomasjoscelyn) | Twitter
- The Long War Journal | A Project of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Thomas Joscelyn | Foundation for Defense of Democracies
If you’re a fan of the show please consider supporting it on Patreon!! Your support helps cover the costs associated with producing the show.
The podcast is produced by Karl Morand. If you have feedback you can email [email protected], or find us on Twitter: @JihadPod.
You can subscribe to the show in iTunes, Stitcher, or with our RSS feed.
Download this episode (30MB mp3)