Katherine Zimmerman comes on the show to talk AQAP. Some of the topics covered include:
- AQAP since the death of Awlaqi and their withdrawal from territory in southern Yemen in 2012
- The effect of the rise of the Huthis and how the Saudi/Emirati war in Yemen has affected AQAP
- AQAP’s local outreach and how it compares to what it tried from 2011-2012
- How drone attacks on AQAP leadership have affected the group
- The Islamic State’s activities in Yemen and what they mean for AQAP
- Katherine Zimmerman » AEI Scholar
- Critical Threats | Katherine Zimmerman
- A New Model for Defeating al Qaeda in Yemen – Katherine Zimmerman | AEI
- AQAP: A Resurgent Threat – Katherine Zimmerman | CTC Sentinel
- Katherine Zimmerman (@KatieZimmerman) | Twitter
The podcast is produced by Karl Morand. If you have feedback you can email [email protected], or find us on Twitter: @JihadPod.
You can subscribe to the show in iTunes, Stitcher, or with our RSS feed.
Download this ep (30MB mp3)