Welcome to the first episode of the Jihadolgy podcast!
The first part of this episode covers primary sources released between May 10th – June 1st:
- Pledges of baya to the Islamic State (ISIS)
- Anti-IS messages from al-Qaeda
- Jihadis vs. Hamas in Gaza
- Spy games
The second part of the show features an interview with Jessica Lewis McFate, the research director at the Institute for the Study of War, on the strategy of IS in Iraq and Syria and what that means for the security situation locally, regionally, and geopolitically.
- Jessica Lewis McFate | Institute for the Study of War
- The ISIS Defense in Iraq and Syria: Countering an Adaptive Enemy | Institute for the Study of War
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes
- Aaron Y. Zelin (@azelin)
- Jihadology Podcast (@JihadPod)
- Karl Morand (@KarlMorand)