In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
قال الله تعالی : اقْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ (1) خَلَقَ الْإِنْسَانَ مِنْ عَلَقٍ (2) اقْرَأْ وَرَبُّكَ الْأَكْرَمُ (3) الَّذِي عَلَّمَ بِالْقَلَمِ (4) عَلَّمَ الْإِنْسَانَ مَا لَمْ يَعْلَمْ (5) سورةالعلق
Read in the name of your Lord, Who has created all that exists (1) Has create man from a clot (2) Read! And your Lord is the most Generous (3) Who has taught by the pen (4) Has taught man that which he knew not (5) Surah Al-Alaq
و قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: ( مَنْ يُرِدِ اللَّهُ بِهِ خَيْرًا يُفَقِّهْهُ فِي الدِّينِ ) .متفق عليه.
And the Prophet (peace be upon him) has said: “If Allah intends goodness for someone, he gives him understanding of the religion.” Agreed Upon.
It can clearly be deducted from the above Divine Guidance and Prophetic instructions that education, teaching, learning and studying the religion is a basic human need such that it is created upon a man’s formation and birth. The Human life has two dimensions, the worldly and the afterlife. In order for both to be regulated and organized it is in need of learning so that it is able to create comfort in this world in accordance with the time, place and prevailing situation as well as attain bliss, happiness and success in the hereafter which is everlasting and the final destination for every human being. All of these things are therefore in need of education and learning.
It is due to these that the sacred religion of Islam stresses upon education for creating a meaningful serene life and attaining success in both dimensions as is revealed:
فَاسْأَلُواْ أَهْلَ الذِّكْرِ إِن كُنتُمْ لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ
“So ask those who know if you know not”
For this purpose the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan in accordance with its comprehensive policy has established a Commission for Training, Learning and Higher Education with the aim of developing the education sector so that the Islamic Emirate can pursue, implement and advance its education policy in light of sublime Islamic guidelines. To define the role and capabilities of this Commission it has created a Laiha (Guideline booklet) composed of 101 articles while taking into consideration the time and prevailing situation of our country. Therefore the Commission for Training, Learning and Higher Education declares to its Mujahid nation and all countrymen:
1. The Commission for Training, Learning and Higher Education of Islamic Emirate, as it has proven in action contradictory to the propaganda spread by the enemies of Islam, is fully committed and gives importance to education, training and learning.
2. This Commission with all resources at its disposal seeks the growth to all educational sectors inside and outside the country, be they Islamic such as religious Madaris, Dar-ul-Hifaz, village level Madaris, orphanages all the way up to legal Islamic expertise or be they modern like primary, intermediate and high schools, universities or specialist and higher education institutions.
3. The Commission for Training, Learning and Higher Education as can be perceived from its title is responsible for the supervision, control and monitoring of higher education institutions. The officials of this commission are present in all the centers where these institutions are located. The teachers, students and associates of these institutions can easily correspond with them or get in contact through the address and numbers provided below.
4. For the further development of these institutions, if any countryman seeks to build a private institution, the Commission for Training, Learning and Higher Education will welcome their effort and lend all necessary help available.
5. To raise the education level and standardize these institutions the Commission for Training, Learning and Higher Education will welcome and gladly accept the views, advice and constructive proposals of religious scholars, teachers and specialists in religious and modern sciences.
6. The Commission for Training, Learning and Higher Education seeks from its ordinary countrymen, in accordance with their religious and national obligation, to encourage and motivate the sons of this nation towards educational institutions and to give special attention to creating opportunities for educational facilities at village level.
7. The Commission for Training, Learning and Higher Education has provincial level and district level officials who will execute all educational plans and programs of this commission in their respected areas. All the respected countrymen will be able to gain access to them regarding the affairs of education.